Sunday 28 June 2009

More Personal Development Categories

In my post about developing balanced personal and career goals I listed a number of personal development categories from various sources: http://business-life-success.blogspot.com/2009/06/balanced-personal-and-career-goals.html

Over at http://www.inpowr.com/community/, they use the below list to categorise the different personal development community groups:
  • My body
    • Self-image
    • Relaxation
    • Nutrition
    • Sexuality
    • Energy
    • Appearance
  • My environment
    • Living
    • Transportation
    • Material
    • Neighbourhood
    • Workplace
    • Nature
  • My mind
    • Reasoning
    • Self-esteem
    • Perseverance
    • Culture
    • Security
    • Ambition
  • My spirit
    • Beliefs
    • Creativity
    • Peace
    • Reflection
    • Mood
    • Meaning
  • My relationships
    • Friendship
    • Love
    • Family
    • Recognition
    • Affirmation
    • Communication
  • My accomplishments
    • Finances
    • Altruism
    • Occupation
    • Leisure
    • Achievements
    • Planning
My view is that it is possible to over-do this kind of categorisation as it's just a tool to ensure we have coverage when setting goals, but it is useful to look at various different categorisation taxonomies and to choose the selection that works best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment