Tuesday 29 December 2009

Everything Is a Project

It's true - but what does it mean?

It mean that we can create the structure in our own lives to drive forwards constant progress.

It also means that discipline and structured action are key to success.


Scott Berkun on the subject...

Scott Berkun wrote a brief blog post on this here: http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/2009/everything-is-a-project/

I read his book, The Art of Project Management (Theory in Practice (O'Reilly)), a few years back and thought it was great - and recommend having a browse of the essays on his blog too as there are some gems there that are very worth reading.

What makes a great article?

Some of the greatest articles I've read aren't that long at all - they just have one or two key concepts or principles that have changed my perspective, made me think a little differently or in some cases provided me with an idea or pushed me to change something that has transformed the way I do things.


It's pretty much common sense though, right?

Whilst I've always really known that "everything is a project", it's sometimes good to be reminded of that fact. It helps re-assure me that the way that I approach things is right and that's why it so often works - and when things don't go so well it's probably because I'm just not applying the principles that I so often advocate.

Can you think of anything that isn't a project?

_______________________________

For loads of great personal development and self-help books for business and personal success, check out one of these tailored book stores:

No comments:

Post a Comment