Sunday 31 May 2009

Consulting - recommended reading

There are two particular books that standout to me as having had the most influence over my approach in business consulting, both containing excellent practical advice on how to engage with clients and how to handle often challenging situations effectively.

Neither of these books teach techniques that are for use in specific situations (e.g. specific facilitation exercises or workshop scenarios); instead, they deal with the consulting lifecycle, with a focus on engagement with people.

If you are a consultant and have never read these books, buy them now - essential reading!

1. Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used, by Peter Block.



I was fortunate enough to read this early in my career as a consultant and even now when I look back at it, I can find points that are relevant and useful to apply in every role I take on - whether it be consultancy or otherwise.


2. The Trusted Advisor



This book deals with building productive, personal business relationships based on respect and trust. Also a very highly recommended read.

_______________________________

For loads of great personal development and self-help books for business and personal success, check out one of these tailored book stores:

No comments:

Post a Comment